Sunday, December 11, 2016

Beers, my bride, and 33 years of lessons

Today is my birthday.  Normally, I'm not a big "birthday" kind of person...but today was something different.


Today started with a nice and smooth 70 minute run on the treadmill.  It was a totally endurance focused, lacking any hard efforts.  I pounded back a quick recovery drink, showered, and jumped in the jeep with my bride to head off to Asheville.  We were brewery bound!



This was our second trip in "Red".  Saying today was "amazing" would be a massive understatement.

We arrived at New Belgium Asheville a little bit early.  Our early arrival was perfect.  It let us walk around and check out the area. 
entrance sign

this was built in celebration of their 25th anniversay

this woman...my everything

let's do this!


BUT FIRST...we played a little corn hole while we waited for the tour to start.  Somebody lost...and wasn't too happy about it...
ughhhhhhh....

The tour was absolutely amazing.  So many different beers to taste, and such an amazing facililty!
first stop

solid options

New Belgium, North Carolina

Belgium
Linday at the "bull shit bar"...because...well...look in the background!




mmmmmmm.....beeerrrrrrr......pretty sweet Squatch Bikes and Brew hat, right?
The tour was absolutely amazing and FREE!!!  Information about the the tours can be found here.   If you go, make sure to take some time to hang out in the Liquid Center and pick up some swag from the shop!  

After the tour, it was time for some food!  We headed down to Wicked Weed Brewing to grab some grub, and another beer.

<3







stop taking pictures, Thomas!!!!!!

The trip finished with an awesome 90 minute ride back home jamming out to some amazing music!  We car danced like nobody was watching.  Fortunately, lots of people were watching!  We had a number of cars look at us and "car dance" as they passed us.  Seeing smiling people really made some things sink in...maybe more on that in a future blog.

My birthday ended better than I could have hoped, quietly relaxing on the sofa with my girl and my boys.
Tuesday is sleepy, Lindsay might be hungover!
Prix is sleepy, I am definitely hungover...and full of carrot cake!

Tomorrow officially is the start of something big.  I can't help but think that 33 is going to be amazing and I can't wait to share this journey!  I'm not exactly sure what 33 has in store for me, but it's going to be awesome!



No comments:

Post a Comment